Takabonerate National Park has various types of marine life and coral reefs are very beautiful. Is the largest atoll reefs in Southeast Asia and the third largest in the world with a very high level biodivertas and habitat for a variety of marine life are rare and protected .
On June 9, 2015 the National Parks Takabonerate officially became a member of the World Biosphere Reserve Network to the international meeting ICC – UNESCO in Paris, France.
This area consists of 21 islands, 7 of them uninhabited which are all surrounded by white sand.
The islands of Taka Bonerate, was:
- Belang-belang (No Population)
- Bungin Belle – Temporary village (for fishermen)
- Bungin Kamase (atoll)
- Jinato – Jinato Village
- Lantigiang (No Population)
- Latondu Kecil
- Latondu Besar – Latondu Village
- Mariam Barat (atoll)
- Pasitallu Tengah – Tambuna Village
- Pasitallu Timur – Tambuna Village
- Pasitallu Barat
- Rajuni Kecil – Rajuni Village
- Rajuni Besar – Rajuni Village
- Tambuna Kecil
- Tambuna Besar
- Tarupa Kecil (No Population)
- Tarupa Besar – Tarupa Village
- Tinabo Kecil (No Population)
- Tinabo Besar
In general marine activities that can be done is diving, snorkeling, boating, fishing, sunbathing, exploring an island in the region and the sunset.
The best time to visit the National Park Takabonerate is between September – the end of November and the month of April to June .